Crop Residue Management
Crop Residue Management- Use Of Mulches And Antitranspirants In Rainfed Agriculture
A Residue management: Consists of incorporating the crop residue like straw Stover, leaves, stubbles saw dust wood chips in soil at adequate level so as to develop and improve the physical and chemical properties of the soil.
Importance of crop residue management in Rainfed. Agril:
1. Crop residue management helps in controlling loss of water through runoff.
2. It increases infiltration and decreases evaporation of water.
3. It controls weeds, soil temperature through radition shilding.
4. It adds soil nutrients through organic matter.
5. It improves mineral solubility soil structure, soil biological regimes through organic matter addition.